Category 1, Category 2
January 25, 2022
- Learn that I have been a survivor and not a victim.
- Communicate with other women who have had similar experiences in order to no longer feel lonely or alone.
- Help extinguish my fears so that now I can sleep through the night instead of being awakened by nightmares.
- Get the support I need to pull myself out of that deep, dank, dark hole of depression.
- Feel my feelings because as children we learned not to feel.
- Know that I am not different because I was abused.
- Not have to try to be someone else because I didn't like myself, and because I felt that I didn't have my own identity.
- Accept that what happened was horrible, tragic and sad but was in no way my fault.
- Truly believe that I can love myself and be loved by others just the way I am.
- Finally feel empowered because of the knowledge that I have gained.
Thank you so much."
- Roanoke Park Counseling Client